ProBax™ is an innovative foam-based seating technology which aims to support & tilt the pelvis very subtly thus allowing the spine to adopt its natural ‘S’-shaped lordotic curve.
ProBax™ - Seating Technology
(Seat Wihtout Probax) (Seat With Probax)
- ProBax™ is an innovative foam-based seating technology which aims to support & tilt the pelvis very subtly thus allowing the spine to adopt its natural ‘S’-shaped lordotic curve.
By reducing the degree of constriction in blood vessels, aggravated by slumped posture, clinical tests have indicated that ProBax™ enhances blood flow & helps reduce muscle fatigue in the vast majority of users. The patented ProBax™ technology is a system whereby geometric inserts of various densities of foam are strategically placed within the existing cushion to support the body in a more upright & natural position.
By helping to maintain a good sitting position for a longer period of time ProBax™ may deliver many benefits:
- Improved seated posture provides a good starting position from which to get out of a chair
- Respiratory function & digestion may be enhanced by encouraging more upright posture
- Improved posture may assist in reducing pain caused by insufficient support
- Postural stability can give the sitter an improved sense of support & security
- Improved circulation, especially to the lower limbs & buttocks should aid prevention of tissue breakdown & may help reduce risk of DVT-like events associated with longterm sitting
- Clinical trials have indicated a beneficial result in terms of comfort, posture & venous blood flow in the lower limbs for the vast majority of those tested
- Relieved stress on the spinal discs should help reduce back & neck pain. Pressure under the hamstring muscles may be alleviated thus reducing fatigue
- The patented ProBax™ seating concept was developed by Donna Jackson, a certified Prosthetist of 20 years’ standing. This technology was designed in Donna’s words “to allow the total body an opportunity to maintain its natural position without effort. There are 24 important reasons to maintain proper posture: 7 cervical, 12 thoracic & 5 lumbar! There’s a reason your mother told you to sit up straight, now you can tell her you are.”
- The Lotus car company fits ProBax™ in its Elise & Exige models of sports car which have received rave reviews for the comfort & supportiveness of the seats. We offer the option of ProBax™ on the basis that we feel it genuinely helps improve seated posture & comfort in our chairs.